Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

True Confessions: We're Cereal People. :)

I admit it, I'm not the kind of mom who rises early and cooks a big breakfast every morning for the family. Truth be told, I rarely do. With eight kids, it just takes way too long. Occasionally the kids will get up and make pancakes, or eggs and sausage, but many times we eat cereal.

Of course, my kids love the sweet stuff, and I admit sometimes feeling a tad guilty.  That's why I was glad to learn that General Mills has made a "commitment to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids under 12 to single digit grams of sugar per serving."  With breakfast being so important, I'm just glad to have something quick and easy to give them. 

Here are just a few facts I learned from the information I received from General Mills:

Ready-to-eat cereals, including presweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children´s diets.

Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child´s diet today.

More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.

As a participant in the MyBlogSpark program, I was sent coupons to try four boxes of cereal for free.  Of course that was a huge blessing to me!  I wish I could send you free cereal too, but I can't.  I can, however,  help you out at least a bit.  Right now if you visit here you will find a $1 off coupon for one of four General Mills cereals.  

For more information about kids and cereals, please visit Cereal Health and Wellness.

Just to be clear, as part of the MyBlogSpark program, I was sent coupons to try four boxes of cereal by General Mills.  I was also provided by MyBlogSpark and General Mills with information about cereal and a link for $1 off coupons to pass on to you.  I was not obligated to blog about the cereal because I got the coupons, and I also do not get compensated for blogging about General Mills.  I will be participating in the BlogSpark program where I will be trying new products.  If I like the products I might blog about them.  Often, I will also be provided with the opportunity to host giveaways on my blog of the products I try.

Sounds like fun, and maybe you'll even win something!  :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails