Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ramblings from the Crazy House - New Review!!! Joan Welles Worship Guitar!







About the product/service:

As part of the TOS Homeschool Crew I received the Volume One Book and DVD set for the Jean Welles Worship Guitar Class. Jean Welles is a worship guitarist who loves the Lord and wants to share her love of the Lord through music. She not only wants others to hear her play, she wants others to know the joy of being able to worship the Lord while playing music to His glory.

The DVD is simply Jean talking to you and showing you how to play as though she were sitting in the same room right across from you. Each DVD comes with a small booklet that has all the music in it that you can either follow along with, or use independently. I also got the full-sized book which is much nicer than the little booklet, and has a bit more detail. The larger books can be purchased separately or with the DVD. There are several packages available on the website, including those that include a guitar! There are also books and DVD for other instruments too!




What are the pros of this product?

This is a great program which is like having a guitar teacher in your own home. (Only much cheaper!) I realize there are a lot of other programs out there that probably do much the same thing, but this is great if you really want to learn worship music. I also like that there is a mix of more traditional songs, along with some of the more modern music. Most of the music should be familiar to most people.

What's not to like?

It's a bit hard to follow along in the book while watching the video.

The Crazy Mom take:

I am totally geeked about this one. I taught myself guitar as a teen but have seldom picked one up since becoming a mom. I was so glad to HAVE to check out this program! My biggest problem was getting a turn at the TV or computer to play the DVD. When I finally got the chance, I was pleasantly surprised.

The first thing I noticed was that Jean doesn't use a pick. I have always used a pick and pretty much strummed all songs the same way. So, while I actually already knew the chords, I was (and still am) still learning new strumming patterns. Actually, I have only done three lessons so far, and still need to practice before moving on. Finger playing is totally new to me. I really like being able to "go back" like this and learn from scratch. I think learning these techniques makes the difference between being a good and a great guitarist.

This is just a wonderful program! The only thing I would like to see them change is to somehow show the chords and chord changes on the screen. I was trying to use only the DVD, and it just wasn't working for me. She would start playing the song, and I could not follow even though I knew the chords. I had to look at the book to figure out what chords I was supposed to be playing. It's not easy to look at the TV and book at the same time. What I ended up doing was using the book after watching the video. I'm sure there's a way the chords could be shown on the screen in the corner as she plays. Still, it's doable, and I still think the program is great. As a matter of fact, I think I might want to order the other three volumes. I've noticed that the later books teach quite a bit, and are above my level. It's too late for Christmas, but my birthday is not too far off...

Now, not being a beginner, I can't say how simple this would be for someone who has never played. Like I said, I can actually strum all the songs in the book already, and I know all the chords. I'm just learning to finger play. Honestly, it did feel like she jumped right in rather quickly. Still, most people get bored if they don't start playing real music right away, so I think it would work for someone new. You might want to to check out some of my fellow crew mates' blogs to get an idea of how this would work with a newbie. :) I know some of them have picked up a guitar for the first time!


What's the bottom line?

For the Volume 1 book and DVD $29.95. Other packages are available. See the website for details. Every product comes with a ONE YEAR 100% money back guarantee!!!

I am going to give Jean Welles Worship Guitar Class 4 out of 5 smileys!!!* :) :) :) :)

Check it out! http://www.worshipguitarclass.com/

See what my fellow TOS Crew members have to say @

http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/HomeschoolCrew/753915/

*The Smiley System:

:) I can't really recommend this product.
:) :) I doubt this product would be helpful to many people.
:) :) :)This is a good product, but isn't right for everyone.
:) :) :) :) Most homeschool moms will find this useful.
:) :) :) :) :) This is great, and I would recommend it to anyone!!!

Disclaimer!!! I reviewed this product because I am a member of The Old Schoolhouse Homeschool Crew. I was given the product by the
vendor to use and evaluate in my home so that I might share my insights with others. Other than receiving the product, which I kinda have to to be able to assess the product, I am not compensated for my reviews in any way. I am in no way obligated to give a positive review. I do try to point out negatives when I see them, though I am admittedly a pretty easy going gal! What you read are my honest assessments of the products I receive.

As with all products, you must do the research before buying. Please visit the the other crew members' blogs, the vendor websites, and any other review sites you might find before buying. I can't guarantee that a product will work for you. You must decide what will fit with your teaching style, and your child(ren)'s learning style(s). I do not judge anything other than the educational value of the products I review. I am not qualified to make judgements as to the safely of any product, and I make no guarantee that the products I review are safe for you, your family, or anyone else. I am simply giving my opinion; only you know what is best for you and your family.

Don't use your blow dryer while you sleep or take a bath. Don't read my reviews in the tub either, and please do not read them when you are asleep, though I do not guarantee that you won't fall asleep reading them!



Copyright 2009 Ramblings from the Crazy House

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails