Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Success! Success! Epic Success!!!


Well, folks, I did it.  I exercised three times, for ten minutes each time.  Yes, I did thirty whole minutes of exercising!  Okay, maybe it's not EPIC, but for me, it is quite the feat!  :)

So, I think it was Saturday and Monday, I got on the floor and did a bunch of stretching exercises and crunches.  Nothing too aerobic.  But Friday, well, you won't believe what I did.  I was in the basement sitting at the computer minding my own business.  I needed to finish up some school work with the kids, but they had come into the basement and had the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory DVD in.  (Or is it Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory?  No matter.)  Anyway, they weren't watching the the movie, they were practicing the Oompa Loompa dance.  You see, their grandmother, for whatever reason, wants them to learn it so that they can perform it for her next time she sees them.  (Oh, it's Charlie, BTW, my son just checked.)

So, you do all know where I'm going with this, right?  Yes.  It's true.  I stood in my basement, with my four youngest, and followed along with the Oompa Loompa as my "dance instructor" and spent ten minutes dancing.  It just about killed me and I barely made it up the stairs to get my inhaler.  But I did it.  All it took was an Oompa Loompa to show me the way!  LOL   Of course, if you read my post last week, you also know that I made a committment to God that I would do my three ten minute sessions.  I will do the same this coming week. 

I want an Oompa Loompa NOW!!!  LOL

~Do you want to join Chai Mommy, me, and the rest of the gang as we try to get into shape?  Check out this week's Fit Mommy Friday here

3 comments:

  1. Great job! I am so proud of you!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. White

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooooooo!!!! You so totally ROCK, Crazy Mom! High fives all around!!

    I *knew* you could do it. ;) If you get an Oompa Loompa, I want pics! (LOL)

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I KNEW you would get that exercise in this week! See, you just need to get creative about how to get it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails