Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2016

I'm Back and More Crazy than Ever! :)

Well, hello there! Is there anybody still out there? It's been a minute, but am finally going to get back into the swing of things, so I thought I would start by giving a quick family update. It's been eight years since I started blogging, and things have really changed!

It's crazy that every one of my children was still under 18 when I started out. Now five of them are (so-called) adults, and one is less than a year away! In 2008 I had all eight in school, from 12th grade down do kindergarten. Now I have only three in my homeschool, only two of which I actively school. I am actually less than five years from "retirement" now. I think when that day comes I'll have some sort of identity crisis. Until then, I just keep moving forward.

So here's an update on the kids:

Firstborn is now 25 and a front desk supervisor at a large hotel. He always wanted to be a doctor, got about halfway through school for bio-medical engineering, but just did not like the academic grind. Right now he is still trying to decide what he wants to do when he grows up, but I'm sure whatever he does, he'll succeed. He has a heart of gold, great communication skills, and looks great in a suit. He currently leads the young adults group at church, and just recently bought a very nice midnight blue Dodge Charger. Oh, and he now has a girlfriend as of last week! :)

Renaissance Man is 23 and is employed as tech support/web developer guy. Sorry, I don't know the right title.  He is also married! Yep, a little over two years ago he married a lovely young lady I'll call Mrs. Ren. No kids yet, but I'm trying to be patient. I'm not sure I'm really ready to be a grandma yet, anyway. :)

Mr. Personality is 22 and is over halfway through nursing school! God willing he will graduate in May. Right now he is working as a Certified Nursing Assistant at a local hospital. Never saw that coming. Still as hyper as always, I'm sure he brings lots of excitement to the hospital. LOL

Woggit is 20 and works at a local fast food place and is in the culinary arts program at the local college. His dream is to own a restaurant. He bought a truck this summer but it still working on getting his license. Not lot of time to practice driving these days! Hes still loves all things computer and is the most content person ever. He is the worst person ever to buy a gift for as he has everything he needs.

Princess, 18, is also at the local college taking photography classes. She is both a photographer and a musician. She plays guitar, bass, and sings. Right now she and her brother, Dode, are recording an album! She also works as a cashier/server at a local tourist attraction. She loves having a job. Every day it seems something comes for her in the mail. :)

Dode is 17 and my first fully academic child. Hallelujah! It's about time! He is a very good student and works very hard to get all of his schoolwork done in a timely manner. He has a very full plate this year and is doing Algebra 2, Trigonometry, and Physics. Yes, he's a math nerd. Thankfully he understands it and has a fabulous co-op teacher who is literally heaven sent. He is still rockin' the drums, but now he is also learning guitar. As I said above, he and his sister are making an album. Can't wait to hear it!

Bear is 15. She is my sweetheart. She loves all things girly like nail polish, doing her hair, baking cakes from scratch, and giant teddy bears. Then she goes out and mows the lawn or skateboards. Of course, her favorite thing in the world is animals, especially dogs. She wants to be a veterinary assistant or maybe even a vet.

Aber is 13. This is significant because that means I have no "children." Nope, all teens or young adults. It's kinda sad, but I digress. Baber has been a challenge. He just now is reading on his own! I knew it would happen, but I admit I was getting a little worried about when it was going to happen. He is definitely like his dad in that he is much more interested in hands-on things than he is academics. Like his dad, he's super smart. He might not test well, but he will win at life I am sure. He's my baby and I sure do love him. He is now taller than me even though I clearly told him that was not allowed.

My husband, Sane Man, is still working as an engineer and teaching a weekly Bible study for men.

Well, that's about it. Oh, and there's me. Well, I'm pretty much doing the same old thing. I teach, I cook, I shop, I clean. Most days it doesn't look I've made any progress with any of it. I just keep going though. What else can I do? LOL

I do hope my readers are still out there somewhere and will read what I write. I love comments, so I'd love to hear from you. Stay tuned for more reviews, stories, and whatever else comes to my crazy mind. I'm sure I'll have lots to talk about. Never a dull moment here in the Crazy House!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails