Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Another Update!

Just a quick update.  Did my spice cupboard yesterday. Whoo hoo! It's a regular cupboard with three shelves.  I don't even use that many spices!  So, I condensed my spices and cleared the top shelf.  I finally have a home for the many extra bowls and baking dishes I never had a place for.  (I have a small kitchen.)

Then I went a little crazy.  Yep, I cleaned out another area!  Okay, another easy one, my cereal cabinet. I am now over halfway done with my kitchen cupboards.  This whole one area a day thing is working for me. Messy folks like me just can't handle the thought of cleaning a whole house or even a whole room.  It's just overwhelming.  So breaking it down to one small task works! I feel like I've accomplished exactly what I set out to do.  Goodbye feeling like I'm drowning.  :) 

Today I plan to clean the cupboards over the oven and fridge.  Then I am going to go a little wild again and clean the Lazy Susan.  My youngest, Baber, is clearing off all the cans as I type.  It gets so dirty considering I just keep cans on it.  Could be that my kids broke off the door. Whenever I clean it, which has been maybe three or four times, I reorganize like foods together.  It makes it so much easier to use.  I'm actually looking forward to it.  I actually do well organizing small areas.  That doesn't overwhelm me.  It's large areas that freak me out.  What about you?  Are you better at the big picture or the details?  

Happy Cleaning and Organizing!

4 comments:

  1. I'm getting my post ready. I'm not going to post until tomorrow though because I already posted today and I wouldn't want to shock any of my readers, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Kristen! Cant' wait to hear all about your progress. :)

      Delete
  2. It takes the little details to make the big picture look less intimidating. Seems I take on the big things, do the little details and leave the rest of the big things for far too long.

    I'm struggling with letting things go that I "might need someday". So hard to do.

    Today....I took some metal to the recycle bin. Yesterday I cleaned up our back sidewalk from a project we started nearly 2 years ago. Feels so good to finally have that done. Good thing about the delay....the weather ruined a lot of it so to the dumpster it went and I didn't have to worry about finding a home for the stuffs.

    I should be blogging my progress too. It would give me something to write LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand about the rain ruining things. A blessing in disguise. For me it was a drain backup in the basement. I HAD to throw things away. Made it so much easier. I, too, have a hard time with those "I might need this some day" items. My husband is the opposite. He'll throw away things like pencils. Um, this is a homeschool here. Pencils are worth more than gold! LOL

      Delete

Talk to me!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails