Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Throw Back Thursday: What's Under Your Couch Cushion?

Originally posted July 8, 2011:

You know the commercial that asks, "What's in your wallet?" Well, I'd like to ask you, "What's under your couch cushions?"

I used to try to keep things clean under my couch cushions. Several years ago I had a weekly meeting in my home. Each Wednesday I would make sure to dutifully clean and even vacuum under each cushion. There was one time I didn't get to it, and wouldn't you know, some friends brought their sick kid to the meeting who proceeded to throw up right in the corner of my couch. It was clean up the puke myself and avoid letting them see what was lurking under there, or let them do it and expose myself. Well, in that case, I chose the latter, but any other time I would be just horrified if anyone saw what was actually under there. That is, until now. I see the junk under the couch cushions in a whole new light!

It's amazing how helpful it has been to keep that treasure trove just as it is! The other day I needed a pencil. I reached my hand in the cushion and "Voila!" there was a pencil! Then my husband yelled that his comb was missing as he rushed to get ready for work. I reach in my trusty treasure stash, and "Tada!" there was a comb! The other day my daughter had a great time. She decided to reach in to see what she could find. Wouldn't you know, she came up with two miniature Mr. Goodbars and a Starkist candy! What fun! So you see, you have to look at things in a different light. Now, whenever I need something, a pencil, comb, nail clippers, ponytail holder or midnight snack, I just reach on into my trusty couch and I am never disappointed. Just don't bring over any sick kids.

Take that cleanies!!!

~The Crazy Mom

1 comment:

Talk to me!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails